Motor Vehicle Insurance

Motor vehicle insurance is of course, one of the most common polices in the world and typically includes a range of cover to suit every driver and vehicle type – and it can be paid annually or by the month. So whether city driving in a small car or motorbike, or using your SUV off-road or delivering goods in a truck, we all depend on our vehicles on a daily basis. Motor vehicle insurance gives you the peace of mind to know that if your vehicle gets damaged or is written off, you can have the cover you need to get you back on the road as soon as possible.

Why you should consider it.

If you have a vehicle, it makes sense to protect yourself against unexpected costs with  insurance. That’s because accidents can be costly – especially when you’re at fault. If your vehicle is involved in an accident you caused, you’ll not only have the expense of repairing your own – you’ll generally have to pay for damage to the other vehicle too.

What can it cover?

The cover provided by comprehensive insurance can vary, depending on the policy.

Here are some examples of possible cover:

  • Replacement of a lost or stolen vehicle
  • Cover to help pay for the damage you’ve caused to another person’s vehicle
  • Cover for the cost of a rental care if your car needs repairing or gets stolen
  • A replacement of the same make and model for new cars that are written off within three years
  • Legal liability cover
  • Re-keying or re-coding of vehicle keys that are stolen.
What isn’t covered?

As with any insurance there are limits and exclusions that apply. There may also be a deductible, excess or limits on this type of cover so check with your GIBA insurance broker.

Please talk to us about what may or may not be appropriate for your coverage.

Need more information

Contact us at the GIBA office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.